Considered The King Of Cooking Apples by respected chefs and professional fruit growers, ‘Bramley’ was raised from a single seed planted by Mary Ann Brailsford in 1809. Since then it has gone on to become the worlds best known and favourite cooking apple, standing the test of time through over 200 years! It is considered supreme because its fruits have the perfect acidic flavour required for use in the kitchen and the almost pure-white flesh becomes incredibly light and fluffy when cooked. Bramley is an incredibly heavy cropper once established with high quality fruits that will store through the winter months pick them in early October (before they get over-ripe) and store cold but frost free for use until January. Our grower quality multi-branched bare-root trees have been grafted on to a dwarfing rootstock to provide a compact and manageable habit which in this case will reach about 2m (6-7 ft) tall. It is best to grow Bramley alongside another apple variety such as Braeburn for best fruit set, as Bramley is not self-fertile. Supplied as a 1.5m tall, grower quality, multi-branched bare root tree. Grown on a dwarfing root stock. Will grow to approx. 2m (6-7 ft) in 10 years. Fully winter hardy.
- Considered the king of cooking apples by respected chefs and professional fruit growers
- Bramley is a heavy cropper once established with high quality fruits that can be stored
- Grow Brimley alongside another apple variety such as braeburn for best fruit set, as self-fertile
- Supplied as a 15 m tall, grower quality, multi-branched bare root tree
- Grown on a dwarfing root stock will grow to approximately 2 m (6-7 ft) in 10 years fully winter hardy
- 1-1.4 m tall